This course provides participants with concrete solutions, strategies and insights into the delivery of an effective IT infrastructure and disaster recovery plan with the goal of establishing resilience measures to protect their organizations’ IT. Using tested processes and procedures, participants will analyze the risks and impact to IT operations that threats might cause. A framework for building operational resilience will be provided to deliver an effective response for safeguarding the organizations technology interests and value-creating activities.
This practical course provides participants with a framework that considers ISO 27031, ISO 20000, ITIL and ISO 22301, aligned with the Business Continuity Institute (BCI) Good Practice, Guidelines (GPG) 2013 and NCEMA 7000-2012.
IT Managers and Professionals, including Disaster Recovery (DR) Managers or anyone responsible for, or involved with, Disaster Recovery Plans (DRP), Business Continuity Plans (BCP) And/or Technology and IT Auditing.
- IT Readiness for Business Continuity(IRBC)
- Risk Evaluation
- Business Impact Analysis
- Incident and Change Management
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- IT Disaster Recovery Testing
This course will be highly interactive and include group discussions, videos, case studies and syndicate work.
Risk Evaluation, BIA and High Level IT DR Plan Templates will be applied during the course and given for use after the course. Supporting information, such as Steering Committee, Terms of Reference (ToR’s), Change Management, DR Test Strategy and testing processes and procedures will also be made available.
It includes specific templates for carrying-out a Business Impact Analysis (BIA) as well as completion of an IT DR Plan (DRP) that participants will be able to take away for use in their own organizations.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Consider policies, objectives, targets, processes and procedures that are relevant to managing risk and improving IT Readiness for Business Continuity (IRBC)
- Apply best practice to build IT infrastructure and operational sustainability, including security of the environment
- Understand the processes and procedures to carry out a risk evaluation and identify risks, threats, hazards, vulnerabilities and weaknesses that could affect your organization
- Review the key components of asset, human, change and supply chain management that are specific to IT
- Understand the components of a successful IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Program, including data management and the key components that are necessary to carry out a technology
- Business Impact Analysis (BIA)
- Understand the Maximum Tolerable Period of Disruption (MTPD), to then identify the relationship with Recovery Time Objective (RTO) and Recovery Point Objective (RPO)
- Produce a High Level IT Disaster Recovery
This course is also available as a 10 day programme